CMMS Insider's Guide Questions?
Submit the form or
CMMS Insider's Guide - A Paper on CAFM and CMMS Implementation
Maintenance Management Software Guide
A few years ago Perspective CMMS produced a very well received technical document about CMMS and Maintenance Management Software called "An Impartial View of CMMS Selection". This was distributed free on the Internet from various sources.
The ongoing response we were receiving from this highlighted the need to both bring it up to date and to significantly expand it. As a result we set out to re-write it, virtually doubling its size and content.
The current "CMMS Insider's Guide" is a 25 page technical document that covers just about all you need to know about CMMS, maintenance management software and its implementation in easily understood language. You don't have to be a maintenance expert to appreciate this. If you are new to this discipline and looking for maintenance management software information this will be a valuable aid.
CMMS Guide Contents
- Manual Systems
- What does Maintenance Management Software (CMMS) do?
- What Return on Investment (ROI) can be Expected?
- Factors in Good and Bad Maintenance Management
- Functions and features of a CMMS (provides guidance on asset register, PM scheduling,
- PM library, unplanned work reporting, scheduling of PM, planned work order issue,
- viewing outstanding work, maintenance personnel database, gauge and calibration
- management, condition based monitoring (CBM), statistical data and reports, menu
- construction and customisation, pick lists, PDA's, maintenance project planning,
- security/access levels and administration)
- Project Implementation Plan, CMMS Strategy and beyond
- Maintenance Metrics and Performance Indices
- Proactive versus Reactive
- Enterprise Asset Management (EAM)
- What will my Maintenance Management Software cost?
- Web based or ASP packages
- The Future of Maintenance Management Software?
This is an excellent, independent CMMS Guide and report on current Maintenance Management Software. It will lead you through the process of CMMS specification, selection and implementation. It also outlines the functions you can expect in a CMMS to allow you to make up your mind what you need for your maintenance department. It will also help those who are using old CMMS systems and considering an upgrade to a modern package.
The document includes several tables of checklists that you can use to help you develop your maintenance management software specification.
The swatch shown on the right shows a typical table as included in the document. This one is related to planned work order features.
Also included in this offer are the following free documents to assist you in your implementation:
- Data Formatting and Naming Conventions Simplified (Suggests a logical approach to numbering and identifying your assets.)
- Defining Work Order Priorities (Illustrates a method and formula for classifying work request priorities)
- CMMS Failure Codes: Our take on the creation of failure codes in CMMS systems
- Developing a Hierarchical Structure for Asset Locations (A logical approach to naming the locations within your plant)
- CMMS ROI Calculation (A method of justifying the cost of your CMMS)
- The Prudent Approach to CMMS Implementation (Published in I P & E Magazine, January 2003)
Click here to get the CMMS Guide from our shop (delivered quickly via email)